Friday 25 March 2016

Why does Jesus say "My God, My God, Why have you Forsaken me ..." ?

Friday (Yom Shee-Shee)    --  יוֹם שִׁישִׁי
Matthew 27: 46  "And toward the ninth hour Yeshua cried with a loud voice in Aramaic "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" which means, “My God, My God, Why have you Forsaken me...?”


If Jesus is God, why does he call out to God ????  

Jesus is NOT calling out to God, he is not asking why God has forsaken him .... 

Jesus is fulfilling the Prophecy of Isaiah 53, and acting out the Passion we find in Psalm 22.

He is not calling to God, he is simply quoting from Psalm 22. So if you go now and read Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53 you will see this Clearly. Not only that. Jesus points you to Psalm 22 so that when your read the very 1st line you will find his Name   ישׁוּעָ  .... go look. 

Psalm 22 (English and Hebrew)  The word YeShuaH / Salvation / Jesus is there in the 1st line .. ישׁוּעָ (Salvation) 

My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? [You are] far from my salvation [and] from the words of my moaning.באֵלִי אֵלִי לָמָה עֲזַבְתָּנִי רָחוֹק מִישׁוּעָתִי דִּבְרֵי שַׁאֲגָתִי:

Do you see it ? Read it again in Hebrew (right to left) :

My God, my God, why have You Forsaken me? You are far from " ישׁוּעָ / Y'ShuAH "
from the words of my moaning." 

Pslam 22:  http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16243/jewish/Chapter-22.htm


Isaiah 53: http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/15984

1Who would have believed our report, and to whom was the arm of the Lord revealed?אמִי הֶאֱמִין לִשְׁמֻעָתֵנוּ וּזְרוֹעַ יְהֹוָה עַל מִי נִגְלָתָה:
2And he came up like a sapling before it, and like a root from dry ground, he had neither form nor comeliness; and we saw him that he had no appearance. Now shall we desire him?בוַיַּעַל כַּיּוֹנֵק לְפָנָיו וְכַשֹּׁרֶשׁ מֵאֶרֶץ צִיָּה לֹא תֹאַר לוֹ וְלֹא הָדָר וְנִרְאֵהוּ וְלֹא מַרְאֶה וְנֶחְמְדֵהוּ:
3Despised and rejected by men, a man of pains and accustomed to illness, and as one who hides his face from us, despised and we held him of no account.גנִבְזֶה וַחֲדַל אִישִׁים אִישׁ מַכְאֹבוֹת וִידוּעַ חֹלִי וּכְמַסְתֵּר פָּנִים מִמֶּנּוּ נִבְזֶה וְלֹא חֲשַׁבְנֻהוּ:
4Indeed, he bore our illnesses, and our pains-he carried them, yet we accounted him as plagued, smitten by God and oppressed.דאָכֵן חֳלָיֵנוּ הוּא נָשָׂא וּמַכְאֹבֵינוּ סְבָלָם וַאֲנַחְנוּ חֲשַׁבְנֻהוּ נָגוּעַ מֻכֵּה אֱלֹהִים וּמְעֻנֶּה:
5But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.הוְהוּא מְחֹלָל מִפְּשָׁעֵנוּ מְדֻכָּא מֵעֲוֹנוֹתֵינוּ מוּסַר שְׁלוֹמֵנוּ עָלָיו וּבַחֲבֻרָתוֹ נִרְפָּא לָנוּ:

1 comment:

  1. Jesus came to teach the law of attraction. This is the Good news. This is why he is the saviour. Jesus demonstrated the law by CREATING his own death. He says "Why have you forsaken me" to show those who do not create their own reality what will happen to them. THIS is the real meaning of why he said this. He was demonstrating that if you believe God has forsaken you, he will and you will die. It's perfectly simple.

    ReplyDelete